The name “242 Groups” was derived from the Bible passage in the Acts 2:42-47, where we find a description of the early church in its purest form.
Our 242 Groups seek to pattern themselves after the things that the early church did, who had been taught by Jesus Himself.
- Our 242 Groups are centered on the Teachings of Jesus, the Gospel.
- We believe life is best lived in Community with Others.
- We believe God answers prayer and our 242 Groups are there to pray for you when you need it!
- We believe in Living by Faith in Jesus’ for help right now!
- We believe in Giving People Hope because Jesus is able to help you and wants to help you right now, right where you are, and also for all eternity!
- We believe in Showing God’s Love to the Poor and Hurting in our Community by serving those less fortunate in the Shreveport community.
Our 242 Groups meet on campus at 9:30 AM on Sunday mornings and off campus at various times. Check with the information desk for off campus groups and times.
Give us some basic info and we can help you connect with a group that might fit you and your interests.